mandag 18. mai 2009

First day of Tour of Sweden

1st update from tosweden.: Here are the numbers from the fast Viking! 14,3 k run from Trellebord to Smyghuk - AVG HR136 - 90 minutes 190 k ride from Smyghuk to Karlshamn - 5 hour 54 minutes (small stops) 1st hour AVG HR 132 2nd - AVG HR 130 3th - AVG HR 130 4th - AVG HR 131 5th - AVG HR 130 6th - AVG HR 133 KM/H AVG 35,4 Pros kill you in minutes if you request it. They are so strong and experienced and in a completely different league than us amateurs. The solution of the day was to sit back of the pack. I drafet a lot and even think I was riding smart. I felt strong after 4 hours riding, while the last hour was "heavy". I lost a little motivation and had to sharpen my self up to hang in. Not because it was too heavy, but more of the mental thing. Some motivation was disappeared towards the end. In a setting like this "be strong at the end" is more meaningfull than otherwise. You die in a day with these guys if you do not drop your ego and "race" smart. The run this morning went well. I kept it "quiet" and ran in my own pace also back of the pack. I got company of a BIG triatlet with always a good mood, Pasi Salonen. It is always fun with his company. What I have experienced and learned today. # 1 - Drop your ego home. There is no room for mistakes with these guys. # 2 - Be strong at the end # 3 - Ride smart, draft a lot. # 4 - Start the recoevery every time when you can - also when riding Colting(www.colting.se) have keept his old spirits with quick comments about several "high lights". Now it's recovery that applies for all the money. I`ll be back tomorrow if I still have the energy. I`m sorry of the loosy spelling, but I do not have the energy to correct it. // JH

Ingen kommentarer: